Veste Landskron, Janow
Veste Landskron or Lanzkron is a Renaissance water castle in the municipality Neuendorf B, Vorpommern-Greifswald district, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. Built between 1576 and 1579, it deteriorated in the 17th century. Its ruins are a tourist attraction and frequently the site of cultural events.GeographyLandskron is southeast of the junction of autobahn 20 and federal route B 199, south of the village Janow (part of the Neuendorf B municipality) and west of the village Rehberg (part of the Spantekow municipality). To the south is the Großer Landgraben valley, marking the border between Mecklenburg and Pomerania. Made of boulders and bricks, it is situated on an elevation of glacial till surrounded by swampy meadows.Construction, buildingsConstruction was started in 1576 by Ulrich II von Schwerin, member of one of the oldest Pomeranian noble houses. The von Schwerin family was divided in about 24 branches in the 17th century, whose members lived in Pomerania, Mecklenburg, Brandenburg, Poland and Sweden. Ulrich was the fifth son of another Ulrich von Schwerin, Großhofmeister at the Pomeranian ducal court. He financed the building, which cost about 40,000 gulden, from pay received for military service for the duke of Mecklenburg. The castle was designed as a Renaissance style water castle.
Landstraße zwischen Janow und Wodarg
Orten nah von Veste Landskron
Wahrzeichen in der Nähe von Veste Landskron